Reading time: 2 – 3 minutes
I try to tweet about all participants, so don’t forget to include your Twitter username if you want to be notified of your tweet mention!
The first line can make or break a reader’s interest. Just how well did the author pull you in to the story with their first sentence? To participate in this weekly book meme is extremely easy.
- Grab the book you are currently reading and open to the first page.
- Write down the first sentence in the first paragraph.
- Create a blog post with this information. (Make sure to include the title & author of the book you are using. Even an ISBN helps!)
- Did this first sentence help draw you into the story? Why or why not?
- Link back to Well-Read Reviews in your blog entry.
- Come back to this blog post, hosted on WellReadReviews.com and add your direct link to Mr. Linky! ** Very important!
Here is my Friday Firsts: The EVERAFTER by Amy Huntley (ISBN: 978-0-06-177679-3) 248 pages.
It’s short. It’s to the point. It gets me wanting to read more. So we know the character is dead – so what is going to happen? What is their purpose in this story that is to unfold?
Synopsis: (Taken from Amazon.com)
Madison Stanton doesn’t know where she is or how she got there. But she does know this—she is dead. And alone, in a vast, dark space. The only company she has in this place are luminescent objects that turn out to be all the things Maddy lost while she was alive. And soon she discovers that with these artifacts, she can reexperience—and sometimes even change—moments from her life.
Her first kiss.
A trip to Disney World.
Her sister’s wedding.
A disastrous sleepover.
In reliving these moments, Maddy learns illuminating and sometimes frightening truths about her life—and death.
This is a haunting and ultimately hopeful novel about the beauty of even the most insignificant moments—and the strength of true love even beyond death.
Graphic: Thank you to Tara for the graphics! (And Cara for suggesting that she make some!)
Make sure to add your link below if you have participated!